Below is a link to the forum that we will use during the Fall 2011 section of RHE 398T:
Questions, Concerns, and Problems
This is a place for RHE 306 instructors to post questions about or descriptions of the various difficulties that they've had while teaching the class for the first time. No one is required to post at any given time, but instructors are encouraged to post as necessary. Please follow a few rules while posting:
(1) Do not mention any student by name
(2) Do not complain generally about students (e.g. "Students these days don't know how to read"; or "These undergraduates just can't understand the common courtesy of showing up on time.")
(3) Do not complain specifically about students (e.g. "I have this student in my class. He's in a fraternity, and he's kind of lazy. He can't get his work done on time.")
(4) If you have a problem, do offer details about the context.
(5) Do explain what efforts you've made to address the problem or to answer the question yourself.
(6) Do give a specific question about classroom management, department policy, university policy, etc. (e.g. "Should I apply the attendance policy uniformly or allow an exception?" or "Does the university allow grade appeals directly to the Dean's Office?")